Talking about grills, there are various grills that one can invest in with different ways and styles to cook with it. Although, is it possible to use some signature smoke flavor when using a gas grill? The honest answer is yes, and this review will assist as an ultimate guide.
Popular questions asked when it comes to conversation on the grill are the exact type of grill I can get for my coking space. They get gingered and anxious to get theirs and try a lot of new recipes.
Having a gas grill in the comfort of your home to prepare well-flavored, tasty, and smoky meat always feels like a dream come through.
We have the gas grills and the charcoal grills. The difference between them is that the grills powered by gas do not give food prepared on them smoky flavor, which is why people crave foods prepared on the grill.
How To Smoke On A Gas Grill With Chips
Setting up the grill to smoke food can seem like an effortless task, most especially if the grill comes with a built-in smoker box. Although without a built-in smoker, there are ways that it can create smoke.
- Soak wood chips inside water for up to 30-45 minutes, so they can quickly ignite the fire and give the grill lot of flame than smoke.
- Set the grill on a to preheat time and heat up for 10-20 minutes, then brush the grates with a stainless steel grill brush. It helps prepare the grates for cooking.
- When trying to open the lid of the gas grill, use a long handle tong. You can also pick out some of the soaked chips with the tong and allow the water on it to drain off before dropping it in the built-in smoker box.
- It will help if you spread the wood chips out evenly to cover the bottom of the box, protect it from exposing the chips to the burner below, close the lids, and leave it for some minutes for the grill to pour out the smoke. After that, reduce the burner’s heat to a low or minimal heat temperature so the wood chip can slowly smolder.
- Lay and arrange the center of the grater over the unheated burner and close the food with the lid so it can heat up on time and cook evenly
The temperature control of the gas grill is not just about when you close and open the vents; it has control knobs that are very easy to use. You can use it to adjust more than two burners when cooking and turn it off as well, and it can operate if you need a low heat temperature of up to 250°F.
But note that most of the smoke release will indeed accumulate around the smoker box, and the closer your food is to the box, the more it will absorb the smoky flavor.
What kind of wood chip can be used to grill
Most people ask what kind of wood can be used, but this question does not have an answer that fits it directly because it is broad. Of course, you want the food you are preparing to have a subtle flavor from wood chips you use, and the truth is there are lots of wood chips flavors in the market, which makes it more overwhelming and tricky to make decisions of which one to go for
There are some essential guides to follow when deciding to select wood chips flavor;
- For any cooking purpose, use an oak or hickory wood chip as a base is excellent.
- For occasional cooking, you can use pecan or cherry for grilling fish or play around with cedar or alder for fish as well.
- You would love to try grilling chicken and pork with apple, cherry, pecan, maple, or peach flavor.
- Using flavors between mesquite, hickory, or specially made chips like whiskey Jack Daniels barrel chips to grill or cook beef would give you that delicious well-flavored taste you want to feel.
Also, most gas grills have about two to four burners with knob controls, and you can use them to prepare barbeque and use a precise and desired smoke flavor. Creating heat that is allowed to circulate the food for slow cooking can allow the beef to absorb enough flavor by placing the heat source opposite the food.
Hints on how to smoke beef like a professional
Depending on your cooking style, which might include you either put the wood chips in the smoker box or adding them to an aluminum smoker bag. The following hints will guide you on how to smoke beef using wood chips on a gas grill, applying both methods.
- You can decide to smoke your wood chips in liquids like water, apple juice, beer, apple cider vinegar, or any other preferable liquid you’ll like to try for about 20-30 minutes before grilling your meat. It will help you smoke the chips better.
- Please do not attempt to open the gas grill’s lid. Allow it to remain closed because any time the lid is opened when in use, the smoke and the heat escape from the grill.
- Putting together and combining different types of wood chip flavor brings about creating a unique flavor. Combinations like hickory wood plus applewood or just put together various types of wood chips together. You will like it because it would spice cooking up for you. Even the aroma would be different, not to talk about the great taste the beef would come up with.
- If you are smoking for a very long time, add a pack of wood chips to the gas grill every 30-40 minutes to help it maintain the smoky flavor.
- Also, put about three to four wood chips on the top of the grill to allow it to have access to direct heat for about an hour.
- It is also essential to avoid using too many wood chips to grill your meat. Half a cup of wood chips or just a chunk is sufficient to smoke it.
In conclusion, the information given in this article will help you achieve delicious and well-flavored smoked beef. Feel free to use any of the tips above or just go with the one that works best for you.
Articles to Read: