Deep frying is a process in which food is completely sunk into hot oil to cook. You might ask why you need a deep fryer? When you have a frying pan. Well, even if you have a frying pan, you should still consider using a deep fryer. A deep fryer has a lot of advantage over a frying pan like;
- It makes the frying process faster.
- It saves oil.
- It makes your food crispy and delicious.
Why Do I Need A Deep Fryer?
Well, you sure need a deep fryer to help your cooking process easy. Because with a deep fryer, you can cook more in one sitting. And it makes your food get ready in time, leaving your food crispy.
How Often Will I Be Deep Frying?
If you love to deep fryer often, you should consider getting a small deep fryer that can fit on your countertops without taking too much space. Smaller deep fryer consumes little oil.
Can I Leave Oil In Deep Fryer?
Of course, you can. You can leave it on in the deep fryer when you make use of the deep fryer often. But store oil out of your fryer when it is not in use for a long time. Although while storing your oil instead, your fryer makes sure you filter your oil before storing food debris.
How Long Will Oil Last In A Deep Fryer?
Oil can lose a lot of its power if it more than six months. You should change the oil after using it more than ten times. Although before getting a deep fryer suitable for your chicken wings, there are few things we think you should know in helping you make the right choice.
Standards For Choosing The Best Deep Fryer
When choosing your favorite deep fryer to add to your list, you need to concentrate on three basic qualities every deep fryer has: wattage, oil volume, and features. These are the qualities you should look out for when comparing a deep fryer with others.
The amount of electric power in your deep fryer is measured by watt. Deep fryers are more powerful than the watt’s power; this means the higher wattage equals more effectiveness. So when looking for a deep fryer, always check the wattage capacity.
2. Oil volume
In a deep fryer, the higher the oil volume it has, the more food it can cook. You will be making food for more people, so you should go with a deep fryer containing the maximum oil amount.
Different deep fryers come with different features, but the common features you should be able to identify are; The vat (also known as the pot), the basket, the heating element, and the thermostat; these basic features guild you in choosing the best for your chicken wings.
Having to choose from a long list of things can be very stressful, yeah I know right because you might end up buying what you don’t need, well you don’t need to worry, that why we are here to help you make the best choice, we help you narrowed down some of the best deep fryers for your chicken wings to our top five list.
Top 5 Best Deep Fryer For Chicken Wings
1. Cusimax Deep Fryer
If you want a deep fryer with a large oil volume so you can do more, cusimax is the right choice. It comes with an oil capacity of 2.5L with a special touch screen to help you adjust temperature and time.
While showing you your current temperature and time you have fried. It helps you make less mess of your kitchen, and if you are the type that likes peeking when frying well, it also comes with a viewing window for you to see.
- Large oil capacity
- It has a nonstick pot.
- High wattage of 1200w
- Variable temperature control.
- It has removable lids with a filter.
- Not suitable for small-scale food.
2. VEVOR Deep Fryer
This type of deep fryer has to do with your safety because having a hot oil spill on you is no joking matter. It is perfect for your parties, movie night, dinner, and family night because it has an oil capacity of 4L. High right? It is perfect for large parties and family.
It comes with the basket, and through the viewing window, you can monitor your cooking process. This deep fryer features a 1800W removable immersion heating element and air filter to fry food quickly and perfect crops.
- The viewing window helps you avoid hot oil splash.
- The heating touch handles are anti-scalding and easy to hold.
- The power cord is verified by UL.
- The anti-slip pads at the bottom increase stability.
- It comes with three baskets.
- Not suitable for small foods.
3. T-Fal Deep Fryer
Are you looking medium size deep fryer that is not too small and not too big? Then this T-fal deep fryer got you. It got a 3.5L oil capacity and 2.65 pounds food capacity to offer all your family and friends. Also, it very simple to use with just two baskets for cooking and draining food.
- Easy to clean with dishwasher safe part.
- It saves you a lot of costs.
- It has simple oil storage.
- It has immersed heating element that quickly recovers oil.
- It is effortless to use.
- Not suitable for large-scale foods.
4. HOPEKINGS Commercial Deep Fryer
If you are the type that loves to do other things while cooking, then look no further because this type of deep fryer is for you. This deep fryer has a 30 minutes timer that immediately shuts off and signals a bell telling you your food is ready.
With this, you can cook while doing other things. It has a 15 cups oil capacity with a removable dishwasher safe fry pot and 1500 wattage of cooking power for fast oil recovery.
- It has a 1500 wattage capacity.
- Fast oil recovery.
- It has an automatic shut-off timer.
- Removable dishwasher safe fry pot.
- It has a cool-touch handle.
- Not very high wattage power.
- It might not be easy to understand how it works.
5. De’longhi Olivenza Dual Zone Easy Clean Deep Fryer
Knowing how stressful it is to clean a deep fryer after cooking might want to stop you from getting one. Well, not to worry, this kind of deep fryer is perfect for you because it is straightforward to clean after use. Making it safe to reuse your frying oil. Its special technology reduces odor while keeping your oil clean. The Delonghi dual-zone is one of the best for easy clean-up.
- It keeps your oil clean.
- Easy clean drain system.
- Most parts are dishwasher safe.
- It has a large cool zone area that prevents food from burning.
- The oil is reusable.
- It does not have high wattage power.
How To Maintain A Deep Fryer
Knowing how to maintain your deep fryer helps a lot. Maintaining your deep fryer comes with what you should do and shouldn’t do.
What You Should Do:
- Clean your deep fryer daily, especially when it has been used often.
- Get a professional inspection for professional maintenance.
- Make use of nice quality oils.
- Always change your oil.
- Adjust fryer temperature always.
- Refill your oil every day.
The Things You Shouldn’t Do With A Fryer.
- Do not play with the fryer.
- Try not to keep oil at cooking temperature.
- Remember to shake of ice from frozen foods.
How To Use A Deep Fryer
- Fill the deep fryer with good oil.
- Please put it on, and wait till it gets to the right heat level.
- Be sure your food is dry.
- Put in your food with care.
- Wait, or you can set a timer if you have other things to do.
- With caution, remove the food from the oil.
- Allow the food to dry and cool down for a few minutes.
- Enjoy your meal.
Safety Tips When Using A Deep Fryer
When using a deep fryer been safe is very important, especially when dealing with hot oil. These tips will help to enlighten you on how to be safe when using a deep fryer.
1. When cooking chicken, make sure you make use of a cooking thermometer to check if it has reached a safe internal temperature.
2. You should never move a deep fryer containing hot oil. Rather, allow it to be cool for a few minutes.
3. Do not mix a fresh one with a used one.
4. Never use utensils made of plastic on hot oil.
5. When using a deep fryer, make sure you open the lids with extra caution to prevent the stream from burning your hands.
6. When you have children or pets around, never leave your frying food unattended to avoid incidents.
7. Always be extremely careful when cooking with hot oil.
As you already know, equipping your kitchen with a good deep fryer goes a long way in reducing both cooking and clean up stress. Not every deep fryer will meet the taste of every home cook. So while don’t you pick the one that is important to suit your needs.
Pro tips: when shopping for a deep fryer to add to the list, try considering the size for cooking and storing purposes.