Staying healthy and having proper hygiene can be different; making sure the hands are clean is also one of them. Washing hands regularly should help you maintain a healthy life and avoid spreading diarrheal and respiratory infections to the next person around you. Germs are harmful and can be easily spread from within people you are with or on surfaces you regularly use.
This includes touching the nose, eyes, and mouth with unclean hands, making food and sharing drinks with dirty hands, and touching other people with hands that you just used to blow your nose, sneeze into it, or cough.
Handwashing is vital and should be a norm no matter where you work or what you do, working in offices, hotels, hospitals, shops, etc., to avoid passing food poisoning, infections, or other harmful infections, hands are clean.
Cleaning your hands is a meaningful way to stop the spread of germs and bacteria from getting to other people around you. The good thing is that you can adopt handwashing habits in any workspace.
What Are The Basic Steps For Washing Hands
The most critical times to make sure the hands are clean are;
- taking care of a wound, burn or cut
- before and after eating
- before, during, and after preparation of food
- before consuming foods or drinks
- you are getting exposed to someone with an illness that is an infection
- before you enter a hospital, nursing home, doctor’s office, or any other healthcare setting
- before taking medication like pills or eye drops
- use public transportation, especially when you touch the railings and other surfaces
- connecting your phone or other people’s mobile device
- going for shopping in a grocery store or any different store
- sneezing, coughing, and blowing your nose
- feeding your pet or an animal, or touching it
- touching garbage
- caring for a sick person who is vomiting or having diarrhea
- using the toilet
- handle money or receipts
- when you touch dirty surfaces, or when there’s dirt on your hands
- you have used a gas pump handle, ATM, pedestrian crossing buttons, or elevator controls
- shaking of hands with others
- engaging in intimate or sexual activity
- you use the bathroom
- cleaning body waste on a baby or other people or changing
- you touch fertilizer
Follow these simple steps when washing your hands. First, wet your hands with water, apply enough soap, rub them together thoroughly, using them to rub one another from the back and in between the fingers, then rinse and dry properly with a clean napkin or disposable towel.
Research has it that washing hands on a regular time to time basis can help keep you from getting sick during the season of flu or cold. All you need to do is follow the instructions and make it a habit to help keep germs away.
Benefits of washing the hand regularly.
- Washing hands regularly helps protect the body from germs and other infections that can make the body unhealthy or sick.
- Sharing foods, drinks, or something eatable without washing hands can expose them to unhealthy conditions.
- You can transfer germs from unwashed hands to other areas like tabletops, handrails, handles, toys, cutleries, etc., which can easily be transferred to another person’s hands, and the spread might keep going around on and on.
- Constant washing of the hands prevents diarrhea and other infections from getting into the body, skin, or any other part of the body.
- It helps create a safe environment both at work or anywhere you find yourself.
- Germs can also cause eye infection if the hands are not cleaned; eye infection can have redness in the eye, blurry vision, itchy sensation, mild pain, etc.
How to protect and care for your damaged and dry skin;
Exposing one’s self to germ or infection can be due to not washing the hands frequently, which later makes the skin have irritation, dryness, damage, and change the flora of the skin. This makes the germs live comfortably on your hands
To protect and keep the skin healthy and also maintaining proper hand hygiene; research experts suggest that the following tip will be of great help
- Avoid using hot water and moisturizing soap directly on the skin. Hot water is less effective compared to warm water, it tends to be more drying and harsh, and the use of lukewarm or cool water is much preferable. Also, use liquid body wash instead of bar soaps. They have more creamy and silk ingredients, including glycerin and humectant.
- Use skin moisturizers. Look for creams for skin like ointments and balms that help keep water from leaving your skin. These include moisturizers with ingredients that are:
- Use skin creams that have moisturizers or balms and ointments that can make sure your skin doesn’t get entirely dried from water. Use moisturizers with ingredients like honey, lactate, and glycerin; occlusive like caprylic or capric triglycerides, lanolin acid, squalene, or mineral oil; emollients like dimethicone, isopropyl myristate, or aloe vera.
Apply hand sanitizers with alcohol that contain conditioner for the skin: hand sanitizers that are alcohol-based and with humectants because it helps reduce the dryness of the skin. At the same time, the emollients in it replace the water with alcohol.
Good hand hygiene is even more important than ever now because of this recent outbreak of disease and pandemics. You should consistently practice this task before going out and anywhere you go when you get back to your space. Proper cleaning of hands can protect and prevent the spread of infection and illness, and it is a very effective and simple technique anyone can imbibe such a good habit.
However, it is essential to know that hand sanitizers do not get rid of any germs, May not even be as effective as washing your hands from visibly dirt and grease. Also, they might not be able to remove dangerous and harmful chemicals from the hands, chemicals like heavy metals and pesticides.
In conclusion, this article is fully packed with enough knowledge on why washing the hands regularly is very important for you and everyone around. If we’ve not been practicing this hygienic method of living, it is best to start now.
Check out this new post: Best Coffee Maker For Hottest Coffee